You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Spectrum app constantly crashing on Xbox series X

JimFrederick
JimFrederick Posts: 1 Newcomer

i have four Xbox consoles in my house. An Xbox one, xbox one x, Xbox series S. And Xbox series X. The spectrum app works fine on everything but the series X. It constantly freezes/crashes. I can’t pull up the guide. It is basically useless. Of the Xbox series X is the console connected to my living room TV. Since spectrum doesn’t offer cable boxes anymore, I am paying 100$ per month to stream the channels on my own devices and I can’t watch TV in my living room. Just about ready to drop spectrum and switch to AT&T fiber.

Answers

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,028 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi @JimFrederick, welcome to our community!

Sorry for the trouble you are having with our app. Have you tried reinstalling the app? Is this Xbox connected with an ethernet cable or on WiFi? If on WiFi, is it further from the router than the other Xboxes?

• BlingMike
    BlingMike Posts: 2 Spectator

I am having the same issue. My Xbox Series X is connected through ethernet cord

• BlingMike

• Heather_T
    Heather_T Posts: 121 Contributor

Hello @BlingMike.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the app on your Xbox. Are you able to log into the app successfully on other devices? If so, can you try resetting your modem by disconnecting the power cord and removing the cable line from the back of the modem for 15-20seconds? Then delete and re-install the app on the Xbox. This does usually correct any connection issues that may be affecting the app performance. If you're still experiencing this issue after following these steps please let us know.

-Heather

• BlingMike

I did this and the app still crashes. I chatyed with Customer Support, he sent a refresh signal to my modem it worked for about 2 min and not it is back to crashing. I believe there is some type of bug with the app on the Series X. The appnworks fine on my phone

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,028 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Do you get any error messages when it crashes? Will you please go to speedtest.net through the web browser and test your speed?

• SDanielle
    SDanielle Posts: 1 Newcomer

We’re experiencing the same issue on our Xbox. Everything else works completely fine. There is a greater issue that power-cycling equipment isn’t fixing. It has to be addressed with Microsoft. Some customers are only streaming via consoles and they aren’t receiving what they’re paying for. Please fix.

• Steph_S
    Steph_S Posts: 515 Spectrum Employee

Hello @SDanielle and welcome to our community.

I was able to locate your account via your login information and I did check a few things on my end. I have sent a signal to refresh the signal to get the app to sync with the modem to check account services and subscriptions. Can you please uninstall the app on your XBox, reboot the modem and router and then re-install our app and log back in. If you continue to experience trouble, please let us know.

• Nativmatt24
    Nativmatt24 Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have a series x also and the app crashes every few minutes it is beyond frustrating. I have uninstalled and rebooted router then reinstalled and its still the same - horrible. My wifi is excellent. This app is just horrible on to Xbox. When it is working for the few minutes it does, it is constantly stuttering. My Xbox streams 4k easily, there should be no problem with the spectrum 1080 signal.

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 666 Contributor

If you're using your Xbox series X with an LG or Samsung or Vizio 4K@120Hz TV, visit this expert advisory article & scroll down to the "• 4K/120Hz" section. The Spectrum app is not the only video streaming app affected by this TV OEM hardware or firmware fault.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-series-x-issues/28911c6c-4edf-4ecb-8131-0ae71358008a

This discussion has been closed.