You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Why am I no longer receiving local channels?

alias4_me
alias4_me Posts: 2 Spectator

Spectrum says because my internet service is not thru them

Best Answer

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,611 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi & welcome!

That is correct. To receive local channels using the Spectrum TV app, you need to be an internet subscriber and on your home network. Otherwise, you are considered to be "away from home" and channel access using the app is limited.

Thanks for the question!

Answers

• alias4_me
    alias4_me Posts: 2 Spectator

Why the sudden change? Up to 6 days ago I was getting my local channels just fine. I am quite upset over this.

• Randy_S
    Randy_S Posts: 514 Spectrum Employee

Hello @alias4_me

It could be a couple of things. One is almost all local channels have as a part of their agreement with us that we do not stream their stations through our app when people are out of the house. My informed guess, but still a guess, is most local channels have their own apps and incentives to want to move people to those apps when they are out of the house (data, localization of weather, neighborhood demographics, etc). So my guess is the streams you were previously getting wasn't supposed to happen and the system corrected itself.

That or, the channel agreements with those channels changed. Again, I am not a part of all those decisions but those are the two reasons I have run across in the past.

Randy

This discussion has been closed.