You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Why am I blocked from my b2b.verizonwireless.com?

JWiggins
JWiggins Posts: 4 Spectator

I have a business account with verizon wireless. I can login at my office with my laptop, but when I come home (and use the same laptop) I am unable to login. I tried logging in from my desktop computer (at home) and have the same issue.

I can only access the site on my phone, if I disconnect from wifi and use my cellular data.

The common theme is my connection at home with Spectrum.

I have unplugged my router and modem to reset them, but no luck.

Help!

Answers

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,028 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi @JWiggins, welcome to our community!

Are you unable to get to the login page at all? Do you get any error messages?

• JWiggins

Thanks for the welcome.

First of all, the issue only happens when I am working at home whether I am on my work laptop, my home desktop or my cell phone.

1) I am able to get to the login screen

2) I am able to type in my user name and password

3) When I click on login, I get the an error message (screen shot attached).

4) When I click on "back to login page", it will allow me to enter my user name and password again. When I click on login, it just pinwheels and never connects.

5) I can access the Verizon Business APP on my phone when connected to my home WiFi

6) I can access the site on Safari only if I am using cellular service.

7) The only thing that is different is Spectrum

• Paul_B
    Paul_B Posts: 577 Spectrum Employee

Hello @JWiggins

Thank you for the screenshot. I can't think of anything on this end that would cause that. If you are able to reach the page you should be able to log in. Have you reached out to your IT team by chance to see if there is some firewall or security in place that would prevent you from logging in from a location other than from work?

Paul_B

• JWiggins

Thanks Paul. Although I did check with IT, it shouldn't make a difference because I wasn't able to access on my personal desktop computer (not associated with work in any way, shape or form) nor from my iPhone (unless I used cellular data). It seems that the only common thread between all 3 devices is my Spectrum connection.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,028 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

I recommend bypassing your router by connecting your laptop directly to the modem with an ethernet cable, reboot the modem, and then once internet comes back check if you can log in. Try pausing any VPN, Proxy, Antivirus/firewall software you have running. If you have changed your DNS server settings please try setting that to acquire automatically. Try using a browser in Incognito mode.

If the issue persists I would have to recommend you contact Verizon for further assistance. The fact that you can reach the login page and get that error means we are connecting you to their servers.

• JWiggins

Thanks for your suggestion. I will see if I can connect directly through the modem.

I have already tried incognito mode as well as three different browsers (and yes, I have cleared my cash). I have spoken with Verizon (got escalated to tier 2) and basically they were absolutely no help. Interestingly, I am able to connect to my PERSONAL verizon wireless acccount (www.verizonwireless.com). It's just the b2b.verizonwireless.com website that has the issue. Go figure

This discussion has been closed.