You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Self-Registration Unexpected Error

mwells3214
mwells3214 Posts: 5 Spectator

Hello,

I opened my Spectrum Internet account last weekend and cannot self-activate to save my life. This is not an equipment issue, but something related to my account. I have spoke to no less than 03x spectrum tech support agents on the 800 number in the last 05x days who could not solve my issue. The issue lies not in my physical equipment, nor in physical connectivity, but an account issue limiting access to proceed beyond the self activation login page. I initially brought my own router and modem.

The first agent said they could clearly see I had a strong signal at my location and could see my modem. This is true because I can open the self activation webpage without issue. I then type in my login credentials and the site proceeds, then gives me the Kite “unexpected error” page below. It’s interesting because the system won’t proceed beyond the login page without the correct credentials, so there’s a validation, then error wall. The second agent I spoke to submitted me for a ticket. The 3rd agent later told me the ticket would be handled. The ticket has been processed, but nothing has changed. All I want is for my account credential to work. I even went and got a spectrum authorized modem from the spectrum store, plugged my laptop direct into the spectrum modem, and experience same exact issue. Again, this isn’t a equipment issue, but an account issue. I have not had an account with spectrum before. I am a new occupant to my apartment.

Best Answer

• mwells3214
    Answer ✓

The issue is now resolved. I spoke to what is now the fourth tech support agent in a week, and from what it sounds like, my modem MAC address was logged in the notes section of my account and not the proper MAC address field. This would have been inputted from a previous support rep. All is working now.

Answers

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,021 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi @mwells3214, welcome to our community!

It looks like your install order has already been completed. Is your internet not working at all?

• mwells3214
    edited December 2022

The work order accomplished nothing. I make attempts every day till now and still get the same error. Nothing has changed. I can access the self activation page, I enter my credentials, it proceeds, then I get the error page. I even cleared my cookies and website history, I have removed my firewall settings. I have tried with another access device, I have removed my router and only tried accessing straight through the modem using an Ethernet cable plugged into my laptop. Same thing. I am 100% convinced it is an account issue. I have zero resolution thus far.

• William_M

Is your internet not working, or are you just concerned with not being able to access the activation page?

• mwells3214
    edited December 2022

I can open the self activation page, meaning a signal is coming into the property. But my internet doesn’t work because I can’t proceed beyond the self activation page. I login at the self activation page, then get the error page shown in the image at the top of the forum. As a result, my internet will not activate.and I cannot search the web. I am not an expert in this field but highly confident it relates to something with my account, a duplicate account, something is preventing my proper credentials from activating my internet.

• William_M

The modem is online so I can definitely confirm a signal coming in. Since the order is already completed you should not need to do the activation. I see you called in and spoke with someone who was able to correct an issue with the way the equipment was listed on your account, is your internet working now? Is your username and password working to sign in to spectrum.net or the My Spectrum app?

• mwells3214

The agent corrected the issue. She said my modem MAC ID was listed in the notes section of my account and was never properly inputted into my account.by any of the previous support techs. This was something I had no visibility on so I can’t really explain why it was like that. It’s working now as it should have all along. All it took was for one agent to take ownership, see the issue, and make the change. Case closed

• William_M

I'm glad to hear the problem was corrected. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

This discussion has been closed.