You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Installing Wifi Profile on iPhone XR: Invalid Error

2keysmatt
2keysmatt Posts: 1 Newcomer

I've tried to install the Spectrum WiFi profile a few times (over weeks) and keep receiving the same error, "Profile Error: Invalid Error." Behind that is another message that states "Safari could not install a profile due to an unknown error." I know this is similar to the question asked here: https://community.spectrum.net/discussion/171290/installing-wifi-profile-on-iphone-returns-an-error. However, that referenced an old certificate and I don't think the issue would be the same now.

I have reinstalled the MySpectrum App (MSA) and shutdown my phone and restarted. When I try to install again from the "Install Wifi Profile" link in MSA, it is clearly recognizing that I've tried to install before. It states "Check Profile Status You may have already installed the Spectrum WiFi profile on this device" And then it tells me to check VPN & Device Management settings. But there is nothing there except for my actual VPN (which I have also tried disabling and fully deleting with no luck).

Is there an issue with older iPhones? Is there any solution to this problem?

Best Answer

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 338 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi, welcome to the community @2keysmatt!

My apologies for the poor experience. This is a known issue that we are working to resolve. There is no estimated time of resolution at this time.

This discussion has been closed.