You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Error Code ALP-999 and ALP-1001

PuckOTG22
PuckOTG22 Posts: 8 Spectator

I am using an Apple TV 4k and recently there have been numerous issues with the Spectrum app.

I have restarted the app, uninstalled and reinstalled it, I have restarted the Apple TV multiple times. I have restarted my WiFi multiple times. My WiFi router sits next to my TV (less than 12" from the TV) so it isn't a WiFi issue. I can stream on my Laptop and my phone - but not on my Apple TV.

It also has recently had audio issues (before this)where things get out of sync and the only solution is to change channels and come back. Although that was before these latest issues where I can view the TV at all.

All the 'answers' to similar questions have suggested doing the things I have already tried. None of those recommendations work.

Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,684 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi & welcome,

Can you also try restarting the modem and let us know if the issue continues?

• PuckOTG22

Hi @James_M - there isn't a modem for me to restart. I am traveling and staying at my apartment in Chicago, which is why I'm using my Apple TV instead of a set-top box. For this building, the internet is supplied to the building and sent through to the apartments. We simply connect our computers directly through a CAT-5 cable or hook up the CAT-5 cable to a Wireless router. I have the internet connected to a wireless router and it works for all other apps (ESPN, Paramount+, Netflix, Hulu, etc.). The only app with an issue is Spectrum.

• James_M
    edited March 2023

Thanks for the additional information. ALP-999 and ALP-1001 are connectivity and timeout errors that are related to either a weak internet connection or suggest wireless interference. In addition to restarting the Apple TV, you may need to reset the Apple TV from the settings menu. From there, we would suggest troubleshooting the internet connection at the location.

Are you able to test the app on a different device, like a smartphone?

• PuckOTG22
    edited March 2023

@James_M Ok - I did as asked. I selected the "Select Reset and Update to restore your Apple TV to factory settings, erase all settings and information, and update to the latest tvOS version."

When the system was fully restored, I went back and got the App again and tried again... the same issue. ALP-1001 - and to try again later. It's odd because the spectrum app is the only one with the issue. The Apple TV sits next to the WiFi router and my latest speeds are close to 100mbps up and down. There has to be some other issue going on.

The app on my iPhone has similar behavior but different errors. It has code ILP-9000 when trying to watch on it.

I did see on one other discussion that it was related to Terms and Conditions not being accepted...? https://community.spectrum.net/discussion/171162/alp-999-alp-1001-and-wlp-999-wlp-1001

Is this something that can be done in my case? Not sure what else to do here...

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,067 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

I'm not seeing you need to agree to terms nor do I see any provisioning issues. It is unlikely to be a problem like that since it it is working on your laptop and intermittently on other devices.

Did this work on your Apple TV when you were home?

Do you have any other networks such as a Spectrum hotspot or cellular connection you can test it on?

• PuckOTG22

Yes, I did test the Spectrum app on my Cellular connection on my phone and to my surprise, the app worked. Then I connected my Apple TV to my phone via my iPhone Hotspot feature and was able to connect to the app.

I called my ISP here in Chicago and they state that they are baffled by the issue. They said that they don't block any ports or anything and recently had another person with a similar issue using the Spectrum app. They are going to investigate on their end, too.

They were wondering if there was some sort of port blocking going on with Spectrum.

I will mention though that my ISP just joined with another ISP and they changed names. The old ISPs were Everywhere Wireless and SilverlP and they combined into one, Zentro

https://zentrointernet.com/

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,067 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Do you have any devices that can connect with an ethernet cable directly to the modem/ethernet outlet, bypassing the router?

There is no kind of port blocking, but if you are connected through a VPN/Proxy that can cause issues.

• PuckOTG22

@William_M @James_M - Ok, I tried that today - just plugged in the ethernet cable into the back of the Apple TV - and again, all other apps worked except the Spectrum app.

Any other ideas?

• Steph_S
    Steph_S Posts: 515 Spectrum Employee

Sorry for the trouble. Are you still getting the ILP-9000 error?

• PuckOTG22

@Steph_S - When I try to view on my phone while on the WiFi in my home, yes. But to be honest, if I view the Spectrum App on my phone, I'm generally not at one of my places.

• James_M

@PuckOTG22 wrote:

Yes, I did test the Spectrum app on my Cellular connection on my phone and to my surprise, the app worked. Then I connected my Apple TV to my phone via my iPhone Hotspot feature and was able to connect to the app.

Based on your previous comment, it sounds like the Spectrum TV app and the Apple TV are working correctly, except when you are using the internet provided by the apartment in Chicago. This elimiates an issue with the app itself, your authentication to the app and the device(s). This does point to a likely issue with the internet, including some level of interference. My suggestion for next steps would be to get in touch with the contact person for the internet at the apartment building and see if they have any solutions. Sometimes they are able to reset the connection or provide an alternate solution.

Unfortunately, while you are away from your home Spectrum internet service, we have exhausted the troubleshooting assistance we can provide since we do not have the tools to support or diagnose your current internet provider in Chicago. Please keep us updated if you are able to find a solution or a work around.

• PuckOTG22

@James_M - Could you happen to tell me - what port the App use to stream the content?

I talked to my ISP here and they said that this information would help them figure out if there is something they can do on their side to fix this issue.

• PuckOTG22

@James_M - Actually, they just called me back and we went into the DNS settings and changed them to the Google public DNS (Primary - 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4) and it worked. Not sure what happened or why, but this worked for me! Thanks for your help!

• James_M

@PuckOTG22

Thanks for the update and glad to hear it is working again for you!

This discussion has been closed.