Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

MeTV Toons

ijb555
ijb555 Posts: 1 Newcomer

Just wondering if there are any updates as to if Spectrum will carry MeTV Toons in the Cleveland area?

Best Answers

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 911 Contributor
    Answer ✓

It's going to take a while for MeTV Toons to gain such traction per se. For whatever it's worth knowing, MeTV Toons is slated to begin airing on WOCV-CD TV secondary broadcast subchannel 35.3 on June 25th and no cable or satellite TV providers (including Cox, Spectrum, Wow!, Dish, and DirecTV) carry even so much as WOCV-CD's primary subchannel and they won't be carrying any of its secondaries before they carry its primary.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,292 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @ijb555, welcome to our community!

We haven't received any updates for plans to carry MeTV Toons, but we appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your interest in the channel and we'll be happy to forward your feedback.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,668 Contributor
    edited June 25 Answer ✓

Hello!

Check out this thread for information about METV Toons:

Satch

Answers

• Satch

Check this list reguklarly for ME TV Toons Updates:

https://www.rabbitears.info/search.php?request=network_search&network=Me-TV+Toons&sort=state

It will list cable providers once they have signed on to carry ME TV Toons Right now for cable guys, only Cox has signed on, in a few Florida markets. Generally these distributions with my cable TV experience take about three months to begin a mass rollout.

The interest for this channel is off the charts! There is an increase in quality family entertainment that parents can feel safe about watching with their children. A 24x7 cartoon network files that void! This will bring back so many great memories when we grew up in the 70's watching Saturday morning cartoons!

Spectrum's marketing team and programing directors I am sure are very excited to bring this network nationwide to its networks. It looks early on like the providers will have to also have regular ME TV in order to get ME TV Toons.

This station is really going to be a hit!

Satch

• Satch

Guys

Here is a Contact Us page for ME TV Toons where you can request that they work out a carriage agreement with Spectrum to offer the station nationwide:

https://metvtoons.com/contact/#success

Satch

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 911 Contributor

P.S.: In the meantime, classical cartoons fans with either the Mi Plan Latino or the TV Stream baseline subscription package or, in any case, the Entertainment View add-on package, should check out the Warner Bros. Discovery Boomerang channel which has quite of an extensive catalog from most if not all of the classical big-time cartoons production studios i can think of, and which, as a "cable channel" in the traditional sense, is unencumbered by any local broadcast affiliation dependencies.

Contact Spectrum directly, if needs be, to find out if you have it and/or how to get it:

🔗https://www.spectrum.net/contact-us

• ohippieman1
    ohippieman1 Posts: 1 Newcomer

Will metv toons channel 64.7 on Holland be added

• Stanley82263
    Stanley82263 Posts: 2 Spectator
    edited June 25

I'm writing to request the Spectrum carry MEtv toons! There are so many other channels I never watch, I'd love to see the old cartoons! When will you be adding it?

• Satch

Hello @Stanley82263!

Welcome! Spectrum first has to work out a contractual agreement to carry METV Toons with ME TV. The contract will likely push for a broad distribution deal , probably on the standard broadcasting tier. METV will probably want Spectrum to carry the METV base station in order to get METV Toons. As stated above, because METV Toons is so new, it could take several months to get an agreement.

I am hoping that we can get the channel in most Spectrum markets by the end of the year.

In the meantime, you can fill out the form above, and go to Twitter if you have an account to request that Spectrum carry ME TV Toons. While, requests do not automatically guarantee that a vendor will carry a channel, the marketing teams are more likely to consider a channel to be carried the higher its popularity request is through networks like phone calls and social media.

Satch

• Satch

If you need your cartoon fix now,

You can add the Ala-Carte Entertainment View Package to Spectrum plans as stated above (about $15.00 a month) giving you about 80 channels combining movies, sports, and special interests. One of those stations is a cartoon channel called Boomerang, which shows a lot of great cartoons!

Satch

• Cmodugno
    Cmodugno Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited June 28

Good morning, coming to you from Port Hueneme, CA. I’ve been with Spectrum over 30 years, great experience all this time. We have MeTV and MeTV+, please do everything you can to add MeTVToons to our lineup. Demographically this channel will be the most popular one. I want to stay with Spectrum, I don’t want to go to live streaming; please get this channel for us. Thank you for the fabulous job that Spectrum has been doing all these years. Respectfully, a happy customer.

• Satch

Welcome @Cmodugno!

METV Toons will be one of the most popular networks for Spectrum! Make no mistake about that! There are several reasons why this is the case:

1.) There is a growing generation of Baby Boomers who grew up in the 60's-80's with these classic cartoons. Adding this channel will bring back many nostalgia memories from that time period.

2.) METV Toons represents pure enjoyment and fun in these difficult times.

3.) METV Toons represents diversity and culture in a positive way to whom everyone can relate. Kids, teens, and adults will have a channel that represents quality family entertainment.

4.) There are cartoons on the network that have not been seen in 50-60 years!

Satch

• Blondenlong
    Blondenlong Posts: 1 Spectator

When is Spectrum TV going to carry the channel METV TOONS? I don’t understand how you have the other METV channels but not this one. Please add it.

• Satch

Welcome @Blondenlong!

In order to add any channels, the TV vendor has to get permission from the station owner to carry the channel. Spectrum pays rental or residential fees to the stations that they carry. Both parties need to work out a contract. I have been told by a very reliable source that Spectrum is in serious talks about adding METV Toons. across the whole footprint. I heard from this same source that METV wants their base channel (METV) to be a part of any lineup that has METVToons. METV is on most Spectrum lineups nationally, so that is good for METVToons, where hopefully Spectrum can get a deal done for carriage.

Right now, because METVToons is so new, there are almost no cable, dish, U-Verse or other vendors that are carrying it…..yet. I am told that Spectrum Staff and Customers alike want this station for cartoon nostalgia! I am hoping that Spectrum gets it before the end of the year. It will probably be on Broadcast Basic, (Somewhere between 1-99, or in the 900's after the Music Choice channels sequence.)

Before shows like The Simpsons, many baby boomer generations grew up with these classic cartoons, on Saturday mornings from the 60's-70's! It is going to be great to introduce the younger generations to this network! There is a huge buzz on social media about METVToons!

The schedule is amazing! Here you are:

https://www.metvtoons.com/

Users can click on "Where to Watch" that list is getting updated all the time!

Satch

• Stanley82263
    Stanley82263 Posts: 2 Spectator

Thanks Satch, but I'd rather pay 7 bucks and get Frndly which carries METV toons then give Spectrum any more of my money. Plus, Boomerang stinks! It's just newer Cartoon Channel cartoons. NONE of the oldies that are on ME's new channel.

• Vallyboy46
    Vallyboy46 Posts: 1 Newcomer

Come on Spectrum. Get on board. Today is Bugs Bunny’s birthday. Should have rolled out MeTv Toons since they were celebrating it.

• Satch

Guys,

I was just looking state by state and city by city here for any cable TV provider for METV Toons. Nothing yet:

https://metvtoons.com/wheretowatch/all-markets

In other words, no cable provider has signed on yet. But I know that Spectrum is in talks to get the channel. METV Toons absolutely wants to get on as many cable providers as possible.

My guess is that METV wants to get METV Toons on the locals first, (they are already on locals,) than streaming, (they are already on streaming.) Next will be cable, dish, and U-Verse.

Question, do any of our mods know how many Spectrum markets carry METV? That is probably going to be a prerequisite for METV Toons.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.