You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Brand new remote and Box, pause/Play button does not work.

Perdue125
Perdue125 Posts: 2 Spectator

I received a brand new box and remote (remote SR-002-R/URC1160) (Box Arris DCX3520e-M). The Remote seems to work fine except the play/pause button does not work making the DVR almost unusable and I can't pause live tv.

Best Answer

• Perdue125
    Perdue125 Posts: 2 Spectator
    Answer ✓

So I went and got a different, older style remote from the Spectrum store. That fixed it. It appears the newer remote doesn't 100% work with the Arris box

Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,574 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

You can swap a defective remote at any local store, free of charge.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,254 Contributor

My ideas,

Get some fresh brand new batteries in your remote. Try the play pause button than. If that does not work, reboot your box and try the play pause button again. If that does not work, call Spectrum to re-activate the DVR to your account. Sometimes, particularly with new box self-installs, the DVR codes don't get programmed right, and the DVR box thinks that it is a regular box. I think that the DVR codes may be missing on the account for your box. Call Spectrum to re-activate the DVR codes to your account.

If that doesn't work let them send out a tech, rather than replace the remote yourself and possibly having to go through the same thing again. The tech will be able to bring a remote, do code checks of his own and when he leaves, your play-pause functionality on your remote's DVR should work.

For our reference here, where are you located? State, City, and Zip?

Let us know what happens!

Satch

• Julia_R
    Julia_R Posts: 4,661 Contributor

@Perdue125

Before phoning in for support I encourage you to powercycle the box. Replace the remote batteries and go through the programming steps for your remote. It could be it just needs to have that done.

So that we fully understand, you can record alright, its the other DVR remote control functions that are not working?

Julia R

This discussion has been closed.