Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

How can i fix internet dropping issues?

ShaniseGosneyShaniseGosney Posts: 6 ✭✭
in Connectivity Oct 06, 2020

For the last 3 days i have been having issues with my internet connection dropping out of nowhere. I have had to reboot my system several times and this does not fix it. Is there something else I can do. The lights on the modem and router never change to a different color but all computers lose connection.

Accepted Answers

• RAIST5150RAIST5150 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭✭
    Oct 06, 2020 Accepted Answer

Barring an obvious issue with your cabling/splitters/etc. that you can spot and address yourself, not much can really be done without you calling in to support.

If you are able to post details about your setup, hardware model numbers, and snapshots of the modem's log/signal pages, we might be able to get help with escalation from the team members if a forum user doesn't spot something actionable that you can try. (This is peer to peer help, not their tech support team).

In most cases though, their techs will have to come on site for an assessment.

• ShaniseGosneyShaniseGosney Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Oct 17, 2020 Accepted Answer

It had to be a loose or damaged cable as you said. I had them come out and fix cord's and haven't had any drop internet issues since then. Thank you so much for your help.

Replies

• misterjmisterj Posts: 108 ✭✭✭✭
    Oct 06, 2020

ShaniseGosney, please tell us about your equipment and service. What modem and router are you using and what speed do you buy? If you can login into your modem, please post a screenshot of your signal levels and SNRs. Thanks and enjoy, John.

Oct 07, 2020

@misterj How do I do any of that? Sorry if this should be obvious. I think i do have some info though.

@RAIST5150 I did not mean to best answer that it was an accident. I do not know how to take that back. Because my question is not answered yet. I will try and get yall some of the info.

edited October 7 Oct 07, 2020

I have a spectrum modem and router oh and I have the lifeline service when I do speed test usually its pretty good about 30 - 40 mpbs down and between 3 - 7 up but the up has been in the 3s lately

Router: Sagemcom RAC2V1S

Modem: Hitron E31N2V1

• misterjmisterj Posts: 108 ✭✭✭✭
    Oct 07, 2020

ShaniseGosney, for that equipment your speeds seem awfully low. What speed do you pay for? In general, the Hitron modem is locked from the user. You will need to contact your ISP and get support. They should be able to look at the statistics in your modem, but I think you will need an onsite visit by a technician. Good luck and enjoy, John.

Oct 07, 2020

@misterj I have lifeline service she told me it was only 10mbps i think. I have the lifeline service. and Yes the hitron modem was locked but i can look at my router would that info be helpful or no? which one should i look at? I was having no issues before this all just started.

Oct 07, 2020

i have a ton of DNS errors and TR 069 connectivity has been closed/initiated