Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Changed out Modem but new modem ethernet port says 2.4ghz

lironslirons Posts: 1 Newcomer
in Home Networking Jan 10, 2022

I changed out my Modem recently and the ethernet port indicates it is 2.4ghz. I wanted to run a 2.4ghz and 5ghz network through my wifi router with an SSID for each. I tried setting up both and had problems maintaining connection on the 5ghz network. Do Spectrum modems support both even though the ethernet port indicates only 2,4ghz?

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,190 ADMIN
    Jan 11, 2022

Hi and welcome!

Generally speaking, the ideal configuration is to use the same SSID and password for both 2.4 and 5Ghz, so that compatible devices can toggle between the two, selecting the optimal signal. Which modem are you currently using and what is the model of the router you are using? What device are you trying to connect that is not maintaining a connection?