You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Spectrum TV app for iPhone doesn't work on cellular data anymore?

Options
mrpro
mrpro Posts: 4 Spectator

The my specturm app on phone does not connect over the cell network anymore... used to work fine for several years. Used to be able to set record shows and look at guide - but not for the last 6 months. GIves a IFE-1004 error ( which is no internet erro) . But I can do everything else over the cell network no problem.

As contrast, the my spectrum app on android, over cell network, allows you to view guide and record shows.

Anyone else seeing this ?

Any help ?

thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,711 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

What troubleshooting have you tried already? Have you deleted and reinstalled the app? Have you tried restarting the modem?

• mrpro
    Options

Yes, I have deleted and re-installed the app. Both app and IOS are the latest.

Since this is an issue while not on wi-fi/(away from home), this does not involve the modem.

• James_M
    edited February 2022
    Options

Thanks for the reply. The app does communicate with your home devices through the modem, so restarting the modem will typically clear out any issues. You may need to delete and reinstall the app again, while the device is on the home network. Let us know if these additional steps do not resolve the issue.

• mrpro
    Options

I just restarted the modem ( pulled out the power cord for 1 minute). I deleted and reinstalled the app.

Same issue... it works fine when on home wi-fi. I disconnect the iphone from wifi, restart the app, and get the  IFE-1004 error.

just for comparison again, on my android, when I disconnect from wi-fi, the app allows me to browse the guide, set record, and stream a limited selection of channels.

• James_M
    Options

Thanks. Sounds like the issue is in one of the settings on the device and not a bug in the app. Do you have cellular data enabled in settings and is the Spectrum TV App also enabled (toggled on) ?

• James_M
    edited February 2022
    Options

@mrpro wrote:

That was it - cell data disabled in Spectrum App !

Since I have an android, I wasn't aware that individual app cell data enables were available on iphones. Android doesn't have that level of control.

Well, I learned something today - thank you for all your help !!!

That's great, glad to hear it is working as expected again. I believe that was part of a recent update, and may have been automatically off to prevent data overages since streaming on data can use up data pretty quick. Let us know, anytime you have a question!

This discussion has been closed.