You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Bally Sports App Dropouts - ANSWERED 5/26/22

Comments

• Badger67
    Badger67 Posts: 15 Participant

Also which subscription packages include Bally sports. I was just on the phone with a spectrum sales agent and she couldn’t find Bally listed

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Also which subscription packages include Bally sports. I was just on the phone with a spectrum sales agent and she couldn’t find Bally listed

Bally Sports is available in the Spectrum Select video package

• James_M

@cobbco

The Bally Sports app is available both in home and out of home.

• James_M

@cobbco

Are you getting an error message? Can you provide a screen shot of what you are seeing? You may want to try deleting and reinstalling the app again.

• James_M

@cobbco

Does this happen with recorded content or live streaming? Are you able to view other content on the app?

• Fallsj
    Fallsj Posts: 0 Newcomer

I have not been able to watch baseball using the Bally app, in the STL area. I have called Bally and tried all of their troubleshooting, just for them to say to call Spectrum. I then call Spectrum and of course they have no idea what i am talking about. Is there any actual fix to this

• Badger67

People from all parts of the country are experiencing the same problem and it started on the same day. Clearly something occurred at either Bally or Spectrum or between Bally and spectrum that precipitated this. It shouldn’t require adding additional services or equipment to rectify it. Come on Spectrum fix this.

• Dirkie
    Dirkie Posts: 1 Newcomer

Looks like now I have no reason to keep Spectrum internet :(. Surely I can find it cheaper elsewhere.

• Krahenps
    Krahenps Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have been having the same issue since last Friday also, i have spectrum streaming and spectrum internet and have always gotten Bally Sports, is something different now? Do i need to find a different package? please help.

• Badger67

Moderator - can you remove answered and resolved from the title of this discussion or does a new thread need to be started? Clearly this has not been resolved.

• 1017FiveForks
    1017FiveForks Posts: 2 Spectator

Bally App on Apple TV in Tampa still doesn’t work for over a week. I have internet only (no cable) and use Apple TV exclusively and never have had an issue until last week. It appears Spectrum has the issue on their side and perhaps is no longer allowing us “internet only” access to Bally sports via the app. Can anyone confirm this thought?

• Badger67

I have the spectrum tv basic and expanded cable package which includes a number of Bally channels and prior to May 20 was able to stream Milwaukee Brewers games. Since that day I get a message saying I am not entitled. I can stream Minnesota twins games but not Milwaukee games

• James_M
    edited May 2022

@1017FiveForks

In order to access the BallySports app, you will need a video subscription that includes the Bally Sports channel

• James_M

@Badger67

Local games may be restricted or blacked out, depending on programming agreements between Bally Sports and local affiliates as well as MLB guidelines. This is a network programming decision and Spectrum does not have control over these restriction or decisions.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,273 Contributor
    edited May 2022

Hi @Badger68 (and everyone else)

It looks like from all the data collected that the ability to watch Bally Sports without a CATV video subscription before Friday May 20 by logging into your Spectrum account was an error. Everyone needs a CATV video package as it turns out, on order to access Bally Sports on the app.

Spectrum Select and higher should be the video package needed to access Bally Sports, both on CATV and through the app. What cable package do you have @Badger68?

A mod might clarify. But I don't think you can get Bally Sports on CATV on a package lower than Spectrum Select.

To try to clarify all the confusion. The level of services you can get through the Spectrum app, mandates that you must subscribe to the CATV service counterpart. The app is a bonus. It is similar to On Demand. In order to get an On Demand channel, you must have the main base channel in your CATV subscription plan.

I hope this clarifies the confusion.

Satch

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,273 Contributor

Thanks @Badger68 ! (and everyone)

Trying to figure this out for you guys. I guess the moderator question would be, "What is the lowest required Spectrum CATV package needed to receive all Bally Sports channels?". I am going to check the video line up for my area, which is Metro Milwaukee Wisconsin.

On my cable box and guide. I have Bally Sports on three channel locations:

Channel 31

Channel 309

Channel 1309

I have the Spectrum Silver Plan All I know of the plans is Spectrum Select, Spectrum Silver, and Spectrum Gold. Some markets also have Ala-carte package plans, but Spectrum Select is the lowest "video CATV package" deal regardless of plan.

So I guess this all comes down to the following:

If you can tune to Bally Sports games on your TV cable box, you should be able to get them on the Spectrum app.

If you can't get Bally Sports games on your cable box, you will need to update your service plan to get the games on your cable box and the Spectrum app.

Google Search Spectrum Channel Line Up

Follow the link to see your local line up

Enter your address, click "I am a current customer at this address."

Spectrum will show the line up for your video package to which you currently subscribe. Type or search for "Bally" and if you have those channels in your CATV plan, they should be on the app, everywhere. If you don't have those channels in your CATV video cable plan, you have to upgrade your TV package. You can't get Bally's Sports off the app and Internet only. Unfortunately, it seems that this occurrence before last Friday May 20th, was a fluke.

@Badger68, Can you watch Brewer games on your cable box?

Satch

• James_M
    edited May 2022

@cobbco

If you are seeing Bally South and Bally Southeast on the cable box and Spectrum TV app, then you are subscribed to the channels and entitiled to the channels, so from a Spectrum perspective, it is working.

For the Bally App, you can try logging out, then logging back in. Restarting the modem again will refresh the entitilements. You can also try clearing the app cache on the device youy are using. Otherwise, you would need to contact Bally Sports for further assistance, since the issue is with their app.

Thanks!

• James_M

@Badger67

Are you able to see the channel on in the Spectrum TV app?

For the Bally App, you can try logging out, then logging back in. Restarting the modem again will refresh the entitilements. You can also try clearing the app cache on the device youy are using. Otherwise, you would need to contact Bally Sports for further assistance, since the issue is with their app.

• James_M

As an alternative, have you tried streaming on ballysports.com from a browser on your device?

• James_M

@cobbco

Understood. Spectrum has no control over content on the Bally Sports app. Certain games may be restricted based on MLB broadcast arrangements with other networks. If you are not seeing content on the Bally Sports app, you need to contact Bally directly for further assistance.

This discussion has been closed.