You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Bally Sports App Dropouts - ANSWERED 5/26/22

13»

Comments

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,305 Contributor

Agree with @James_M,

If it's Bally's app causing issues, you have to contact Bally. If you subscribe to the CATV package from Spectrum that has Bally sports and you see if on your cable box, it is working, Should be able to get it on the Spectrum app,

And if Bally says, contact Spectrum, just say you have already done that several times, and they say the issue is not with them, it is with the Bally app.

Satch

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,305 Contributor
    edited May 2022

Thanks for the updates @Cobo and @James_M !

@cobbco One thing though. Spectrum won't get Bally to do anything in this situation. Because it's not a Spectrum issue. The only way that it would be a Spectrum and Bally issue, would be if Spectrum and Bally were working on a new carriage agreement contract. Than they would be working together. But Bally's app problems, are exclusive to Bally. Customers with the Bally app problems for the games need to go to Bally Sports and complain.

Go to social media on Bally Sports if you have having problems with the Bally app. (Bally Sports website, Twitter, Facebook,) and say your Bally app is not working. Give the Bally Sports division where you can't see the games your state, city, and zip code. Like I said, let them know that Spectrum has confirmed multiple times that everything is OK on Spectrum's end. Bally's needs to fix their app. This is out of Spectrum's hands and not Spectrum's responsibility.

Satch

• jclc66
    jclc66 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited May 2022

Here in Ohio/Great Lakes, Spectrum customer service just told me that SPECTRUM no longer supports the Ballysports app. I still have the channel in my package, but the only way to stream it would be to sign up for Spectrum Internet. It IS a spectrum issue.

(edit - but an online chat agent just told me it is a known technical issue and that I SHOULD be able to stream it. Seemed like a live person, but who knows...).

• Jwhit172
    Jwhit172 Posts: 1 Newcomer

I just signed in to try to find answers to this. I have beed for several weeks trying to log in and watch Bally Sports Ohio. BSO support says its not their problem (they did say it in a nice way), recommended that I call my provider who is Spectrum.

From the last post, it seems that they are not supporting the Bally app!?!?! Is that true??

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,700 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited June 2022

@jclc66 & @Jwhit172

Reposting the previous answer from 5/26/22:

Thank you to everyone for your patience. We have heard from our video team contacts regarding access to the Bally Sports App and we have the following update: 

For customers with internet service and a current video subscription or just a current video subscription that includes Bally Sports:

• The problem has been resolved. You are entitled to view the same Bally Sports Network that you receive at home on the Bally Sports website and application
    • Please log out and log back in to view your entitled content, you may need to also restart your modem to refresh authentication

For customers without a current video subscription that includes Bally Sports:

You will need to add a video package that includes your local Bally Sports Network in order to access the Bally Sports App 

• If you are still having trouble signing in, please start a new post so we can assist
    • If you would like to add a video package that includes your local Bally Sports Network, you will need to contact our sales department at 1-855-70-SPECTRUM (855-707-7328)

@jclc66,

The only way to stream the channel with the Spectrum TV app is with Spectrum Internet. You can access the Bally Sports App with a video subscription, however we do not support the Bally Sports App directly, issues with the app itself would need to be directed to Bally. Try accessing streaming at https://www.ballysports.com/ to determine if your credentials work correctly for access.

@Jwhit172,

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app? You may need to restart the device and clear the app history.

• marikasanchez
    marikasanchez Posts: 2 Spectator

I also have the Sports Package, but have an entitlement error occurring when I try to play a game on Bally's app. I've tried uninstalling the app, restarting devices, clearing cache. I finally contacted Bally help thru chat and they said there was an update with Charter. They said Charter disabled app access to all of their users regardless of cable/internet packages... Is this correct? If so, then I will be considering leaving Spectrum if they don't all me to view channels I'm paying for.

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 673 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

@marikasanchez

Welcome to our community! I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with the Bally's app. I double checked on things and as long as you have an active Bally's subscription, you should be able to access the Bally's app without getting an error that you aren't entitled to the content. There's just a couple things I want to verify with you. When you're at home, do you have any issues viewing Bally's within the Spectrum TV app? Also, since you mentioned that you uninstalled and reinstalled the app, when you did that, did the app have you re-enter your Spectrum login information? If not, are you able to unlink the Spectrum information from the Bally's account and then re-add it?

• marikasanchez
    marikasanchez Posts: 2 Spectator

When I'm at home, I use my cable tv to watch the Bally channel bc it's the only way I can view it. However, the picture is smaller and has bars all the way around the screen, so you can't see it really well. The app is typically used when we aren't at home and don't have Spectrum internet around us (in which we aren't allowed to use the Spectrum TV app). But I've tried with and without spectrum internet and using the browser to try and play with the exact same error. This is why Bally says it's on Charter's end. And yes, when I reinstalled it I was able to log back in just fine. That's not the issue. I tried disconnecting my provider and getting a trial of Direct TV Stream just to see if it was Spectrum and I was correct. DirectTV plays everything just fine. It's only when Spectrum is selected and logged in that it won't work...

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 673 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

@marikasanchez

Thank you, it's helpful to us to know what you've tried. I am going to PM you to get some more information so we can look into this for you.

This discussion has been closed.