You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Cannot delete series recording that has been cancelled. on Spectrum 201 DVR

Options
JPinTN
JPinTN Posts: 12 Participant
edited September 2023 in Spectrum Archives: 2020 - Present

Using the Spectrum 201 DVR, there is no option to delete a series recording that has been cancelled. The series shows up under Series Priority but you only have an option to move it up or down but not to delete it. This is a major flaw in the software for this DVR.. There should be a "Manage Series Recordings" option when you click DVR. There are numerous complaints about this on this forum but it has mainly been ignored by Spectrum.

NOTE: If you still have one of the old silver remotes with the A, B, C, & D buttons you can select the recording that you want to delete by going to Series Priority, highlight the series, press C on old remote. That will delete the series.

Tagged:

Answers

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 703 Contributor
    edited June 2023
    Options

Edit: you can try to effect whatever it is that the 🔴/C option button on the silver remote does by way of the ▲⚫️◾️/OPTIONS button on the Spectrum Remote.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,318 Contributor
    Options

Sup @HT_Greenfield?

What is the procedure for deleting a series on Spectrum Guide where no episodes are in the database? I know that this issue has been asked before. Whatever "Old Remote C" button, does or did, on the legacy remote, should have the same effect on the World Box remote. where "Options" is the new button.

Satch

• HT_Greenfield
    edited June 2023
    Options

Nothin’ but the house rent, Satch! Remember, man, that my i-Guide box is DVR and my Spectrum Guide box isn’t but the idea that anybody else has ever asserted on this forum a problem with cancelling a series recording specifically from a DVR box running Spectrum Guide is B.S. as far as i’m concerned and nobody ever cares to mention the name of whatever the problem series is anyway so why should i but i compliment you for your vigilance and awareness and expertise that so many of us Spectrum cable TV subscribers benefit from‼️

• JPinTN
    Options

The ▲⚫️◾️/OPTIONS button on the Spectrum Remote. only takes you to Closed Captioning, SAP, and Guide Narration.

• JPinTN
    edited June 2023
    Options

The issue is deleting a series recording that is cancelled or no longer aired. That series recording shows up in the Series Priority list and there is no option to delete it using the URC1160 remote.

• HT_Greenfield
    edited June 2023
    Options

My bad. I’m a moron 🥴 but i did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night but then i realized tonight that i’ve no idea what i’m talking about nevertheless and i apologize for not realizing that sooner and thus failing to refrain.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,085 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Please let's keep the conversation here respectul, users are just trying to help.

To stop automatically recording episodes of a TV series:

1. Press the DVR button on your remote control and select Scheduled.
    2. Highlight an upcoming episode of the series and press OK.
    3. Select GET MORE INFO.
    4. Select VIEW SERIES INFO.
    5. Select MANAGE RECORDINGS.
    6. Select CANCEL RECORDING and confirm on the next screen. 

• JPinTN
    edited June 2023
    Options

William_K: That does not work when a show has been cancelled and no longer aired. The whole issue here is how to remove a series recording from Series Priority when that series no longer exists. It cannot be done with the URC1160 remote that is supplied with Spectrum 201 DVR. As I stated before, it can be deleted by using the old silver remote, if you have one, by simply pushing the "C" button.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,085 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Is it just that one show? Will you please provide the name of it? If you use the search function in the guide do you see the show listed?

• JPinTN
    edited June 2023
    Options

The show is Larry's Country Diner on the RFD Network. It is no longer aired. William, this is not a huge issue for me because I still have a couple of the silver remotes. I simply want to point out that it is a feature that is missing on the URC1160 remote. I know exactly how to delete a series recording that is still being aired. If you click on DVR>Series Priority you can see all of your series recordings. Your only option is to move them up or down. Ideally there should be an addition option to cancel. I might add that reruns of Larry's is now running on RFD but under a different title. I could choose to record these reruns as a series and it would show up in the Priority list with the new title, but the old title will still be there with no way to delete it with the URC1160 remote. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.