You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Cannot clear Recently Watched channels

Options
Gator5000e
Gator5000e Posts: 4 Spectator

For the last few weeks, I am not able to clear Recently Watched channels on the Apple TV 4K 2021. This is happening on 2 separate units. Going into settings and then to RW channels and then clearing them does nothing. I’ve rebooted the modem, TV and Apple TV boxes. And I’ve completely uninstalled and reinstalled the app on both devices. Still can’t clear the recently watched channels.

Please submit this to the development team to review and hopefully fix soon. Plus I’ve already submitted this issue to the twitter team.

Thank you.

Answers

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,085 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Hi @Gator5000e, welcome to our community!

I was able to locate your account using your community registration and your modem is still reporting an up time of 59 days. Will you please try rebooting again but make sure you remove the power cord for 30 seconds and all the lights go dark before plugging it back in? Wait for the online light to come back on and then reboot the router the same way. I also recommend checking your Apple TVs for software updates.

• Gator5000e
    Options

Thanks, William. I rebooted the modem via the My Spectrum app but will try unplugging it when I get home. I am not really sure what the modem has to do with the recently watched channels. Seems to be the app is not clearing cache. But I will give it a try.

• Gator5000e
    Options

Unfortunately the full reboot did not help. I am convinced it will have to be an app fix to remedy the problem.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,085 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Options

Did you check your Apple TV for software updates? Do you have any other devices you can try the app on?

• Gator5000e
    Options

Both Apple TVs are up to date with OS updates and both Spectrum TV apps are up to date as well. As I said before, this only happens on the apps for the Apple TV. The apps for my iPad clear recently watched channels properly. So I will hope an app update fixes the problem.

This discussion has been closed.