You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Xbox Series X screen cutoff on hallmark channels

Options
Masked_Bandit
Masked_Bandit Posts: 2 Spectator

The screen is cutoff when watching the hallmark channels on the Xbox series x. I know this channel does not normally extend fully, but this is actually cut off further than that. The “k” on the hallmark watermark is cut off on the right side of the screen. Is this channel half price?!

Comments

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,318 Contributor
    Options

Welcome @Masked_Bandit,

Some questions:

1.) When did this start?

2.) Is it only on Hallmark Channels?

3.) Have you uninstalled/reinstalled the app?

4.) Changes to X-Box settings you have made?

5.) Installed latest software updates for equipment?

6.) Rebooted devices?

Satch

• Masked_Bandit
    Masked_Bandit Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

It has always been this way as long as I can remember, I reinstalled the app at the request of support, no change. I’ve looked through all the settings, nothing affects it. It is only on the hallmark channels, as far as I know. Yes, I’ve rebooted everything and no change. One interesting note, there was one commercial that went full screen, then it went back to being cut off.

Are you able to test with an Xbox Series X?

• Satch
    Options

Well,

I don't have an Xbox Series X, but there might be someone on the forum who does. If they do and it has the same result, than there is a problem with how Hallmark is sending the signal to Xbox. But if their Xbox shows a normal output, than I would suspect it is something on your end.

If the commercial went to full screen, I am thinking that this could be a Hallmark issue with their signal. I would contact Hallmark and let them begin an investigation:

Satch

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 703 Contributor
    edited September 2023
    Options

Edit: Just curious if all three of the Hallmark channels are covered by your subscription and appear and correctly display via the Spectrum cable TV set-top box and then also via watch.spectrum.net on another device apart from the Xbox and then also via the Spectrum TV app on any device apart from the Xbox.

• Rreals
    Rreals Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited October 2023
    Options

Not the Hallmark channel, but have the same issue with TCM. Chatted with Spectrum and they were unsure how to fix. Both xbox 1 and xbox series x have the issue; however, looks fine on roku.

• Brandonease
    Brandonease Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Has anyone found a solution for this? Exact problem here. We have an Xbox one and only the Hallmark channel has this issue on the spectrum app. Other hallmark channels are unaffected. Both main show and commercials experiencing this issue. Any help would be appreciated!

• Satch
    Options

Guys,

Those who still have problems with Hallmark Channel or any other channel on Xbox might want to contact Microsoft's Xbox's support page here:

Satch

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 703 Contributor
    Options

@Rreals : This shouldn't be relevant to TCM but just curious if you could pull up one of the Music Choice channels e.g. Soundscapes. It should display full screen with no distortion in any case but just curious if it does via Xbox.

This discussion has been closed.