Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

How to access advanced settings on the Spectrum App

jennyscanlan
jennyscanlan Posts: 3 Spectator
edited July 10 in Home Networking

I've just downloaded the spectrum app and noticed that the advanced settings option is missing. I've seen online that the advanced settings option has been removed for ease of use. I would like to be able to access port forwarding settings for my network to set up a Minecraft server. Is there absolutely any way to bypass this and get to port forwarding settings without buying a new router? I have a E31N2V1 Modem and SAC2V2S Router.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,292 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @jennyscanlan, welcome to our community!

Advanced settings are still available at Spectrum.net and the My Spectrum app. Using the app, you go to the Services tab, scroll down until you see Network Equipment and tap on the router, and then scroll down again to see Advanced Settings, including port forwarding.

Answers

• jennyscanlan

I've just downloaded the spectrum app and noticed that the advanced settings option is missing. I've seen online that the advanced settings option has been removed for ease of use. I would like to be able to access port forwarding settings for my network to set up a Minecraft server. Is there absolutely any way to bypass this and get to port forwarding settings without buying a new router? I have a E31N2V1 Modem and SAC2V2S Router.

• jennyscanlan

That is not the case on my app. This screenshot is in the router tab under services. I cannot find advanced settings anywhere on this page.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,292 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited May 18

You're definitely looking in the right place there, it should be above Router Help, and below the Details and Network Info section. Will you please try rebooting the router and reinstalling the app? If it's still missing, could you check at spectrum.net/services/internet?

This discussion has been closed.