You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

How do I log out of unwanted devices?

Quae
Quae Posts: 4 Spectator

I have someone that has access to my spectrum username and password, and I no longer want them to use it. When I change my password it does not prompt them to enter new information unless they log out manually. How do I remove unwanted users that have my info without them logging out manually?

Best Answers

• RAIST5150
    RAIST5150 Posts: 918 Contributor
    Answer ✓

On my Rokus, the certificates tended to last about a month, unless there was an update to an app--sometimes that forced a new certificate.

Would be nice if the Spectrum app tracked devices like the Hulu and Roku platforms... can actually disable individual device access. But that would likely be a big change for them to implement... worth running up the flagpole?

Answers

• Quae

Is there any way to find out how long that time frame is? I want them to stop being able to use MY information immediately... if this is something that doesn’t happen until let’s say a month later then they’ll still be able to access MY services for an additional month when I no longer want them too.

• Quae

Yes I’m currently on a call with spectrum in the streaming department who informed me that there’s no way for them to be kicked out unless they go in and manually log out themselves or uninstall and reinstall the app. Which I know they would never do JUST to have access to my services! Spectrum needs to fix this issue ASAP! I’m livid! They have me on hold with the retention/cancellation department to cancel my cable services all together JUST SO that way it FORCES the services to stop on the app that these other people that have my info have access too are using, then they are telling me to add services back on after a few days! They are really lucky I’m working from home or I’d cancel all my services with them all together and call it day! It’s ridiculous I have to go through all this just so that way those people can stop leeching off MY services that I PAY FOR!!!!!

• RAIST5150
    RAIST5150 Posts: 918 Contributor
    edited August 2020

@Quae

Uggh... I cannot imagine the emotional roller coaster this has you on right now.

In the short term, may want to check out Pluto TV for some content during the downtime. They have apps for some platforms as well as browser based viewing. All Ad supported channels, a lot of independent and curated stuff... but they have a few sources for major outlets and such that may help fill some of the void.

• Quae

Thank you so much🙏🏾

This discussion has been closed.