You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Bally Sports App Dropouts - ANSWERED 5/26/22

Awfulcat
Awfulcat Posts: 5 Participant

Hi, I'm a baseball fan and ever since Sinclair won the MLB contract from Fox, the experience has been nothing short of awful. I added the Spectrum Basic package to my existing internet service, and downloaded the Bally Sports app on my phone and smart TV. On both devices, the channel frequently disconnects. Each time it does, I have to restart it and watch an ad. This happens roughly 10X per game.

Last night I couldn't access the game at all via the Bally app. I called Spectrum support who told me the Bally app was "down" and they were aware. It didn't come back online and I wound up listening to the game on the radio. I then contacted Bally directly using the email on their app and my email was returned as "undeliverable" due to a server misconfiguration on their end.

Who's responsible for this? I pay Spectrum to watch Bally but neither seems interested in resolving the issues with Bally's app. Diamond Entertainment, the subsidiary that Sinclair set up for Bally Sports, never responds and in over two years has done nothing to improve the quality of their product to make it at least satisfactory.

Comments

• Awfulcat

Here is the message from "Help" at Bally Sports

• Paul_B
    Paul_B Posts: 577 Spectrum Employee

Hello @Awfulcat and welcome to the community.

Our apologies for the issues you're having with the Bally Sports app. I do know that we did have an issue with the app last night, however, that does not explain the ongoing issues you're seeing currently. When the app drops out do you happen to notice if your Internet connection is also effected?

Thank you.

Paul_B

• Awfulcat

Thanks Paul. The issues are confined solely to the Bally Sports app. This Bally issue was also the case last season and Bally has done nothing to improve their product. Given the indirect relationship they have with their end users, they probably don't feel much pressure to do so. As of this writing, I am still getting an "entitlementCode_3" error when I try to access the Bally app. (After an ad has flawlessly been shown.)

• Renee_T
    Renee_T Posts: 644 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Thank you. I am showing that the issue with Bally's from last night should be resolved. Typically when you sign into the Bally's app, it should redirect you to enter your Spectrum login information to validate things. Sometimes if there's an issue with that validation between the login and your modem, it can cause a variety of errors. Are you able to reboot your modem by unplugging it for 30-45 seconds? Once the internet connection is back up, you would want to try the Bally's app to see if you are still getting that entitlementCode_3 error.

• Awfulcat

Hi Renee, I did as you suggested and got the same error message. The game starts in 3 hrs and it looks as though again, I won't get what I'm paying for. Very, very frustrating, especially the lack of response from Bally, whom I've contacted separately.

• Awfulcat

I just un-and-reinstalled the app and that seems to be working thus far. I have have this type of problem with any other app, and I truly wish I could escalate this to someone at Spectrum who has leverage with Bally. If you look at Twitter, there are others who are just as frustrated. Thanks!

• user_5461
    user_5461 Posts: 3 Spectator

My situation exactly. I’ve had this problem all weekend. Haven’t been able to watch the Padres at all live or replay. Total catastrophe of an experience.

Reinstalled numerous times but same error over and over.

I even signed up for MLB app only to find that it wouldn’t allow me to watch the Padres play the Giants in San Francisco because Im in San Diego? What the heck.

Unbelievable

• user_5461

This problem continues with no solution. Ballys just says the same thing-turn off router and reinstall.

Are we really the only two people posting about this?

• Bradd
    Bradd Posts: 1 Newcomer

Exact same thing for me. I've been watching Twins and Timberwolves games both on the Ballys app and on the website after logging in through my Spectrum account. Then the past few days I get error messages about not being able to stream, not having correct privileges, etc. Contacted Ballys and got this reply: "This is a known issue with Spectrum subscribers and our technical team has confirmed that there has been an update to fix the content access issues." I followed all of the suggestions they gave and still can't access on either the app or website.

• user_5461
    edited May 2022

I called Spectrum and spoke to several departments and people who all said they knew nothing about Fox Sports 1 being associated with Bally’s and that I was misinformed and would need a different tv package from them that had Bally Sports.

Kind of ridiculous considering I watched the Padres all last year and this year until a week ago accessing the Ballys app with my streaming tv subscription that had FS1.

They said they would add Ballys and delete FS1. That didn’t work. They added FS1 back. That didn’t work.

I changed my Spectrum password and that worked.

Now I can watch the Padres however curiously the Padres replays are labeled from early May but actually play back last weekends games in San Fran.

So good luck to anyone else having trouble.

• Ked
    Ked Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited May 2022

The app has been awful from long before the Bally days...however, the newest problem is that Bally will neither stream online on my computer nor through their app. Tonight (on my laptop) it says, "There is an issue playing this video, either you are not entitled to this content or there is an error playing it. Please contact support at help.ballysports.com."

I strongly suspect that will get me nowhere

• willow316
    willow316 Posts: 1 Newcomer

We are getting a similar issue for the past week or so with the Bally Sports app on our Roku. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app numerous times. We are getting the error of you are not entitled to this content or there is an error playing it. We also sometimes get an Adobe error. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

• Badger67
    Badger67 Posts: 15 Participant

Same issue with Milwaukee brewers games. Spent two hours on the phone with spectrum. Tried to tell me I needed to rent a new modem. They seem to have no clue this is a systematic issue.

• lakers12eh
    lakers12eh Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited May 2022

I tried calling Ballys and Spectrum and they both seem to say its neither of their issue :( not sure how else to figure out the issue.. I tried reinstalling and restarting.. tried changing the region and that doesn't seem to help. it was working fine up until Friday..

• Ray100
    Ray100 Posts: 1 Newcomer

We've had the same issue for several days. Unable to watch live games on TV (using Fire TV) and laptop bit the Bally Sports website. Very frustrating, particularly since the Padres are playing such great ball! At this point the Bally Sports website says: "We are aware of our fans experiencing issues and the problem has been resolved."

It appears that we can view replays, but not live broadcasts. When attempting to view a live broadcast, we get to watch the commercial (of course!), but then get a black screen that says: {entitlementCode_3}. Turning the app on and off, signing out and on again, restarting Fire TV changes nothing.

My feeling is that Spectrum needs to get on top of this.

• ike_14
    ike_14 Posts: 1 Newcomer

I've had the same problem the last few days with the Bally Sports app on my Roku giving me access error messages. I even reinstalled the app and it didn't help. I would like to think they'll get this fixed before the 3 day weekend where I actually have time to watch all the games I'd like to. Kinda frustrated that nobody from Spectrum has replied to this chain for 3 days now.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

@ike_14 and others:

We understand that it is frustrating, however there is no additional information available at this time.

Deleting and reinstalling the app appears to resolve the issue for most customers. You may need to also restart your modem, since this is how the app authenticates.

Please be aware that blocked content or unavailable content may be a network programming decision.

If you do not have a Spectrum video subscription, we recommend that you contact Bally Sports directly for further assistance at 1-866-Bally01 or https://help.ballysports.com/

We continue to monitor this issue, and will provide updates when they become available.

• Badger67

Is there anything in particular that changed with spectrum on Friday that would have precipitated this problem? Deleting and reinstalling hasn’t worked for me. There must be some reason this problem has popped up

• 1017FiveForks
    1017FiveForks Posts: 2 Spectator

Agreed - it’s been out here in Tampa since Friday. Can’t use apps or access online at their website. Very frustrating - wish they would be forthcoming with a legit fix other than the standard trouble shooting that we are always told to do and it never works.

• Badger67

Called Bally. Called Spectrum. Reset modem, uninstalled and reinstalled Bally app, disconnected and reconnected spectrum account. Nothing works. My 91 year old mother relies on brewers games for her primary entertainment. No one at spectrum seems to think there is actually a problem. Lots of people seem to have this problem. I would like to hear from a moderator.

• James_M
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

Thank you to everyone for your patience. We have heard from our video team contacts regarding access to the Bally Sports App and we have the following update: 

For customers with internet service and a current video subscription or just a current video subscription that includes Bally Sports:

• The problem has been resolved. You are entitled to view the same Bally Sports Network that you receive at home on the Bally Sports website and application
    • Please log out and log back in to view your entitled content, you may need to also restart your modem to refresh authentication

For customers without a current video subscription that includes Bally Sports:

• You will need to add a video package that includes your local Bally Sports Network in order to access the Bally Sports App 
    • If you are still having trouble signing in, please start a new post so we can assist

If you would like to add a video package that includes your local Bally Sports Network, you will need to contact our sales department at 1-855-70-SPECTRUM (855-707-7328)

Tagging @user_5461, @Ray100, @Ked

• Badger67

I have a cable package through charter but not internet. What do I need to do? Thx

• James_M

@cobbco

I was able to locate your account based on your registration information. It looks like the app was already deleted and resinstalled but your modem has been online 42 days. Can you log out of the app, then restart the modem and then log into the app again?

• Badger67

why did this change on Friday. Prior to that I did not need internet

• James_M

@Badger67

why did this change on Friday. Prior to that I did not need internet

I did not get an explanation for any changes. If I am able to find out additional information, I will provide an update.

This discussion has been closed.