You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Can I pause live TV if I use a Roku, Spectrum app, and Spectrum CVR cloud, or ONLY with a DVR box?

Woodjams4
Woodjams4 Posts: 3 Spectator

We currently have been streaming via the the Spectrum app with a Roku on a non-smart TV. We cannot pause Spectrum Live TV with the Roku. We were told by a rep that if we get rid of our DVR box and get the Spectrum DVR cloud, we will be able to pause live TV. We can't test this out first, as we were told we can't have both the cloud and the box. Please confirm that we can indeed pause live TV when streaming with the Roku if we get rid of the box and use the spectrum app and cloud. I am getting different answers from calling Spectrum and the technicians. I don't want to get rid of the DVR box and plan to use the app, DVR cloud, and Roku if I can no longer pause regular live TV. A straight answer would be great, since every time I call in and ask I am told something different.

Best Answer

• Woodjams4
    Woodjams4 Posts: 3 Spectator
    Answer ✓

Thank you - it's amazing how much misinformation we have received when calling Spectrum about this. It's good to know once and for all.

Answers

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,700 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hi @Woodjams4

Sorry for any confusion. This question was also asked here: How to pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?

In order to pause live TV, there needs to be a recording function in place like the one you find in a DVR or traditional set top box. CloudDVR only plays recorded content, it does not support recordings that are in progress. At this time, Live TV cannot be paused using the Spectrum TV App on any device, including Roku.

The key unique feature about CloudDVR is that you can watch recordings from any device that supports the Spectrum TV app at any location (using wifi or internet data). So you could start watching a recording on the Roku and finish it later from a smartphone. It is a great feature if you travel or are away from home frequently.

In order to pause live TV, you can only currently do that using a traditional DVR.

This discussion has been closed.