You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

How do I manually do what the wireless profile installation does in the broken My Spectrum app?

ephemeral10
ephemeral10 Posts: 2 Spectator

Since the new My Spectrum app does not currently support installing the wireless profile, is there a set of manual steps that will allow me to do the same thing?

Spectrum support said to just use my Spectrum userid and password when logging into the wifi hotspot. However my phone (Android 12) required that I choose a certificate to use with that. Is there some cert. I can install into my phone's trust store so I can connect to the Spectrum wifi hotspots?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 687 Contributor
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓

If you don't see Install WiFi Profile in the latest version 10.22.0 of the My Spectrum app, you can try going directly to wifiprofile.spectrum.net via browser and try installing the Wi-Fi profile package from there. There is no work-around that will have a valid private key. Otherwise just curious what was the exact SSID i.e. name of the Spectrum Wi-Fi hotspot that asked for a certificate when you tried connecting to it simply via SSID discovery & authentication. Did that happen with "Spectrum Free Trial" or "SpectrumWiFi" or "Spectrum" or what?

Answers

• ephemeral10
    ephemeral10 Posts: 2 Spectator

HT_Greenfi, Thanks for your response.

I tried wifiprofile.spectrum.net in chrome on my android phone. It just directs you to the app. and does not give you any chance to install the profile.

I don't recall the SSID that I chose exactly, but I think it was SpectrumWIFI. I know I did not choose Spectrum Free Trail.

This discussion has been closed.