You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Home Phone Readable Voicemail Stopped Working

catchtwentytwo
catchtwentytwo Posts: 138 Contributor

A few days ago, our Home Phone Readable Voicemail stopped working. I've rebooted the modem, turned the feature off & on deleted and re-added the emails without success. A CSR did a reset and said he hadn't seen any other reports of this problem. He said wait 48 hours and call back if it doesn't resolve.

Is anyone else having this issue? We live in Connecticut.

Tagged:

Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 341 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Good evening @catchtwentytwo

Thank you for reaching out to us about the Home Phone Readable Voicemail. I appreciate you trying the troubleshooting suggestions. I am not seeing any active concerns at this time. Are you using both the email and text message readable voicemail or just the email? Have you checked to make sure the emails are not being directed to a spam folder? -Lyn

• catchtwentytwo

Hi Lyn:

Using email only (gmail & hotmail) no text. Notification emails are not being directed to the spam folders.

Thanks

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,021 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Are you able to call and listen to your voicemail? Do the message have clear audio? If so, can you enable text notifications and/or set a different email address, just temporarily for testing?

• catchtwentytwo
    edited November 2022

We added a new email address (hotmail) Sunday to troubleshoot. We first noticed the problem on Saturday 11/19.

There is no option to enable text notifications on our spectrum.net home phone settings. Messages are clear, leave the "stutter tone", are transcribed and register on our spectrum.net voicemail tab

• catchtwentytwo

It has been over 48 hours and still no transcribed message emails. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Vultan
    Vultan Posts: 9 Participant

Back in April, we had a problem where our voicemails were being delivered to our phone correctly as recordings, but readable voicemail was not coming through to email.

That problem has returned.

I've pasted below a link to the previous conversation, which was eventually resolved but I'm not quite sure how. Something happened on the Spectrum end; it was not a problem with our email account. At any rate, the problem has returned that our voice mails are coming through to email. Previously, the problem was sporadic; now this time it seems to be complete. Again, the voicemail itself, i.e. the recording, always gets delivered just fine The problem is only with the email that contains the transcription.

We have checked our email spam folders --- the emails with the transcriptions are not there. Can someone assist again with getting this working again?

• catchtwentytwo

@Vultan: Did you call Spectrum to to report the issue so they "log" the problem? Thanks!

• Vultan
    Vultan Posts: 9 Participant

I didn't, because when this happened last time, that didn't help. I discovered this forum later, which is how we ultimately got assistance. But I suppose I should anyway.

• catchtwentytwo

Calling to report wouldn't hurt . BTW, what email domain are you using for the notifications? We were using two Gmail addresses when the notifications stopped. I added a Hotmail address to troubleshoot but that made no difference.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 4,610 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

@catchtwentytwo & @Vultan

Since you are both reporting the same issue, I merged the two separate posts together so it is easier to follow. Please try restarting the modem (again for @catchtwentytwo) on the account, followed by leaving a test voicemail message and let us know if the issue continues.

Thanks!

• catchtwentytwo

Hi @James_M

I rebooted the modem (pulled-power) and left a voicemail:

1. I can hear our greeting clearly.
    2. The voicemail I left plays back clearly when I checked it.
    3. The voicemail correctly transcribes on the spectrum.net voicemail tab.
    4. Stutter tone is left on our phone.
    5. I'll post the problem at DSL to see if others are having similar problems. https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r33553749-Telephone-Home-Phone-Readable-Voicemail-Notifications-Stopped-Working

Thanks!

• James_M

@catchtwentytwo & @Vultan

I submitted two separate escalations, one for each of you, to investigate this issue further. Since we have both of your account and contact information from previous interactions, there was no need to reach out in a private message. You will (each) be contacted by someone from the voice escalation team. If your contact information has changed, please let us know here (do not post information publicly) and we will reach out in a private message to get the updated information.

Please let us know when the issue is resolved or if you have questions.

Thanks!

• catchtwentytwo

@James_M, thank you!

• James_M

A couple updates:

@catchtwentytwo: Your issue is currently being investigated.

@Vultan: Voice support reached out to us and asked if you could retry the following steps:

1. VOM Turn ON/OFF
    2. RVM Turn ON/OFF
    3. Remove all the email ids from the list
    4. Add those email id's again and comfirm the verification email
    5. Now try send a test voicemail

If you are still not getting RVM email, let us know. We will need to send you a private message to collect some additional information.

• James_M

@catchtwentytwo,

It looks like the escalation team has made some progress. Are you still having the same issue, or has it been resolved for you?

• catchtwentytwo

Hi James: Thanks for following up. I left myself a test VM over 20 minutes ago and no email notifications were delivered.

• James_M

@catchtwentytwo

Thanks. The ticket remains open, just wanted to check in and see if there has been any change. I will continue to monitor and provide any updates.

• catchtwentytwo

I appreciate the extra effort, thanks again.

• JanetS
    JanetS Posts: 1 Newcomer

Our readable voice message emails have also stopped showing up in our email inbox. We receive the message on our phone. This problem started around the last week of November, 2022.

I see from other posts that calling Spectrum will not solve the problem. How can we get this solved. Our voice message emails are very important to us.

• Jclynn89
    Jclynn89 Posts: 1 Newcomer

Same issue here. We last received an email on November 17. Since then we have received voicemails which are transcribed and viewable on the voice online manager but the email is not being sent with the transcription and attached audio file. I did every possible troubleshooting step there is (turned the feature off then on, deleted the emails we originally had and added them again, rebooted the modem, checked spam, added email domain to trusted domains on my service provider) not sure what else to do. The email addresses we have listed to receive the notifications are all different domains (yahoo, Google, even spectrum.net).

This appears to be a problem with the internal spectrum domain for this email readablevoicemail@spectrum.net - can someone on the spectrum end please verify that outbound emails are being delivered for this service

• James_M

@JanetS & @Jclynn89

Our engineers are aware of the issue, have examples and are working on a fix. We will provide an update when one becomes available. Thanks for your patience.

• James_M

@catchtwentytwo,

I wanted to provide an update. The ticket remains open, but it does appear that they have been able to add a fix for some accounts that were impacted. When you have a chance, can you let us know if your are still seeing experiencing an issue?

Thanks!

• catchtwentytwo

Hi James:

Regrettably it still does not work. I left a test voicemail at 3:57 PM today and as of 4:20 PM email notifications were not received. Everything else is working normally (stutter-tone and transcription on my account web page).

Thanks

• James_M

@catchtwentytwo

Thanks for the response! We will continue to monitor.

• catchtwentytwo

Thanks for staying on top of this. BTW, whenever a "test voicemail" is left they're kept "unread" for at least 30 minutes to rule out playing them too soon after being recorded.

• RonSMeyer
    RonSMeyer Posts: 3 Spectator

Still do not get any readable voice emails.

• catchtwentytwo

Hi James,

Can you provide an update on this ticket? Our Readable Voicemail feature has been unavailable since mid- November. Since we are in a Legacy Charter area, text notifications aren't offered as an option and it has become a huge pain to be forced to rely on the stutter tone notification when at home or having to log on to our account to check for VMs.

Thanks!

• James_M
    edited January 2023

@catchtwentytwo & @RonSMeyer

Hi- The ticket has been closed as resolved. Please try the following steps to reset and let us know if the issue continues. Thanks!

1. VOM Turn ON/OFF
    2. RVM Turn ON/OFF
    3. Remove all the email ids from the list
    4. Add those email id's again and comfirm the verification email
    5. Now try send a test voicemail

• catchtwentytwo

Hi James:

It still is not working. I performed the 5 steps above and left a voicemail. Then waited over 30 minutes and no notifications were sent to our gmail and hotmail addresses. To say I'm discouraged would be an understatement since we first reported this problem by calling  (833) 267-6094 over 50 days ago.

Why was the ticket closed without confirming it was fixed for me? Is there any way to escalate this?

Thanks

• James_M
    edited January 2023

@catchtwentytwo

Sorry for the ongoing issues. After doing as little digging, it looks like there were a few others having the same issue at the time your ticket was submitted. The tickets were merged and worked together. There was a fix implemented, and it appears the fix did not resolve your issue.

I submitted another ticket and will continue to monitor and provide any updates as they become available. Thanks for your patience.

This discussion has been closed.