You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

"We've detected an issue with your service." What is this?

TomUpNorth
TomUpNorth Posts: 30 Contributor

I've gotten two text messages with the above, first one says "To avoid interruption go to spectrum.net/enhance" on Feb 8, and then another on Feb 15 says "We see you have a service issue. Sign in at spectrum.net/improve to schedule a repair appointment..."

When I log on to my account, I'm pestered again but all that's said about scheduling an appointment is "to prevent future service issues."

WHAT is this about--my system works fine and I don't want or need a technician! Does anyone know?

Best Answer

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor
    Answer ✓

Hi Tom,

It could be several things. I know that Spectrum has been updating modems around the country, so if you have a DOCSIS 2.0 modem, the date is going to come when Spectrum will no longer support that modem. They are updating everyone to a new DOCSIS 3.1 modem, so this message could pertain to that topic. (Whether you have your own modem, or rent from them, and it is a 2.0 model, you will need to update.)

You should call Spectrum Customer Care and inquire about the message. They will be able to pull up your account, and say what needs to be maintained or updated.

Satch

Answers

• TomUpNorth
    TomUpNorth Posts: 30 Contributor
    edited February 2023

Thanks for that Satch. I will take a look at my modem and call if it's already a 3.1 (I am not at that home right now).

EDIT: My records indicate it is a 3.0, the Cisco DPC3216. I will call and see if this is what it's about.

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,270 Contributor
    edited February 2023

Thanks for the update Tom,

DOCSIS3.0 is still supported, so you are doing the right thing by calling. Could be lines or wiring, Let us know what they say. It's still your call as to what you want to do here.

Satch

This discussion has been closed.