Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Spectrum TV app with Roku goes black random times while watching - RESOLVED

13»

Answers

• MVM
    MVM Posts: 14 Participant

Just crashed again. 8:09pm. Weird same time am and pm…

• knowhow55
    knowhow55 Posts: 4 Spectator

Is this happening on the Spectrum App to get us to purchase Spectrum's new XUMO streaming box?

• rwomel4
    rwomel4 Posts: 1 Newcomer

I want to register the same Roku Spectrum App black screen issue. Mine happens at 6:08 AMPM central time, You can set your clock by it.

• James_M
    James_M Posts: 5,087 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited December 2023

Reposting Thursday's update to keep it focused and easier to find for new members. 

The app team is aware of this issue, has investigated and is finalizing an update that will resolve this issue.

I will add a new post when the update is available.

Thanks for your patience.

• James_M

Update 12/12/23

All,

I have confirmed with the developers that the Spectrum TV App for ROKU has been updated to version 11.3 on 12/11/23. This update includes a fix to resolve the random black / blank screen issue.

Updates are usually automatic, to check your current app version, go to the Roku home screen, highlight the Spectrum app and press the asterisk (*) button. If your device has not been updated, select "Check for Updates".

If you are still experiencing an issue with your device, please start a new post. If this solved your issue, please select the "like" button below.

Thanks!

• MVM
    MVM Posts: 14 Participant

Thanks!!!

• James_M

@gcorreia56

Glad to hear it is working as expected again. Thanks for the update!

This discussion has been closed.