You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Why am I hearing that some of my Disney-owned TV channels, including ESPN, may go away?

Options
wisek32
wisek32 Posts: 1 Newcomer

Spectrum needs to make sure they continue offering ESPN, ABC, and the ACC Network as part of their package. I understand there is a possibility, via negotiations, that Spectrum may not renew these services.

Comments

• Korona165
    Korona165 Posts: 86 Contributor
    edited August 2023
    Options

After the latest update of the Spectrum TV Mobile App for Android. I don't see how you can set/record your DVR away from home. I have the Spectrum Guide World Box so I was limited on DVR Manger but there was a option to setup a recording. Now after the App updates there is zero option why is this? Are DVRS not as popular as they oune were because you have so much streaming? Or is it because Spectrum wants the App to be 100% entertainment?

A word on the App and DVR Manger. Like I said my Box's is a Word Box with the Spectrum Guide. The DVR Manger is not compatible( reference code (Disabled DRDV-1000) with the World Box's or the Guide or DVR I am not sure. But my point is if these devices and guides are to future shouldn't everything work with them. This could be why I can't find a option to set a recording. But this brings me back to my question I had before. Are DVRS popular still and does Spectrum know video service dead and there is not a lot more they can do in the video market to make money? That's might be why they are in no rush to fix compatibility issues?

• Salsa
    Salsa Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

I hope Spectrum doesn't pay them another penny than they already do. 1. They have already cut/lost a good deal of the good announcers and talent. 2. They don't have the Big Ten anymore. 3. Already charge more than most other media outlets.

• normandroy
    normandroy Posts: 4 Spectator
    Options

Dear Spectrum

I urge you to hold fast against this money grab. Disney makes more than enough from all it’s businesses Asking for more from cable subscribers will only hasten viewers leaving cable altogether and that means less money for the likes of Disney anyway

• r2k2
    r2k2 Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

It is college football season

• Salsa
    Salsa Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

ESPN is ultimately the one who pulled the plug on the programming. They are the ones who want to charge more for less.

This discussion has been closed.