You are currently viewing the Spectrum Community Archives
This content may be outdated or inaccurate
All posts are closed and commenting has been disabled

If you have a question or comment, please start a new post (registration is required)

Leave the Archive

Why am I hearing that some of my Disney-owned TV channels, including ESPN, may go away?

Options

Comments

• Mike_42
    Mike_42 Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

Hell is raining down on those poor stiffs Spectrum has dealing with the angry villagers

• kirblues
    kirblues Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Removing coverage of the first Mizzou football game on the SEC network during the first drive without warning is disgusting. Then displaying a slide to complain about the situation to another company. Why am I paying for this?

• rcrowe295
    rcrowe295 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

It's all about corporate greed. Neither Disney nor Spectrum E ecutives give a rat's ass a out yhe consumer. As long as they get their 8 figure income and the consumers continue to buy their inflated services we will have no choice but to keep taking it in the ***!!

• chemgeek
    chemgeek Posts: 6 Participant
    Options

File a complaint with your public service commission. This is a blatant abuse of customers in a business dispute. It's like putting your children in the middle of a marital spat.

• Joe_Blow1
    Joe_Blow1 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

100% Spectrum fault…after 30 years with them…getting very tired of their games. I only watch a few channels for $250/ month, and ESPN is one of them…..where is my refund?

• DonewithCharter4eva_
    Options

I have 2 Spectrum accounts paying over $600/month, and the only channel I watch every day, FXX, for the Family Guy, just got removed. And Spectrum just lists a statement saying Disney is unfair and contact them. Are you serious???? That's the end of the fiberoptic line for me.

• Dgtrnr
    Dgtrnr Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Since Spectrum only gives an option to contact Disney as if they are the responsible party when both corporations are equally culpable IMO.

My bill just went up and now I’ve lost all these channels with no warning. Avarice, greed and manipulation of customers on the part of these corporations. Disgraceful.

I have never liked this company but there are no other options for cable in my area. Even so if this isn’t resolved within 24hrs I will be looking for other options.

Disney and Spectrum deserve lose a large portion of their customers

• DonewithCharter4eva_
    DonewithCharter4eva_ Posts: 2 Spectator
    edited September 2023
    Options

and the chicken $**t company can't even respond. They must realize their medium is going the way of the dinosaur, and trying to take all of our cash with it. No Family Guy, No Peace.

• Jesse_1
    Jesse_1 Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Watching the pre-game show then right at 7pm... shut down on ESPN. Missed kick-off of college ball and chat with Spectrum yields instructions that I "be patient" and that I would get a $15 credit...

I have paid Spectrum for a channel line-up. They have failed in providing the goods and services I have paid for. This is the very definition of FRAUD.

• NCfootballfanatic
    NCfootballfanatic Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I just chatted on spectrum and got the number for cancellation 888 369 2408. If this is not fixed by Saturday am this will be my last 'carriage contract' with Spectrum as well. I hope some Spectrum shareholders read this because your shares will NOT BE WORTH AS MUCH soon.

• apat_15
    apat_15 Posts: 2 Spectator
    Options

Re Disney v. Spectrum, I agree that Spectrum telling us to write to Disney is a blatant attempt to shift the blame. My ESPN2 tennis match went black with no immediate explanation or advanced notice. Shame on Spectrum. As a Spectrum subscriber, I'm already forced to take and pay for channels not wanted or watched. So that issue should be taken off the table, leaving only the fee to be negotiated. I want my ESPN and ESPN2, especially now that the US Open Tennis Tournament is taking place. It is petty and disgraceful that this multi-trillion dollar company removed its programming and is holding it hostage during negotiations. Frankly, I'm fed up with all of you, but if I must pay a little more, so be it. I want to watch the US Open! Get it done!!

• Flood_Zone
    Flood_Zone Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Typical Spectrum. No advance notice (not word one in my statement), wait until after business hours in Eastern time zone (like you could actually reach a human being at any time), the weekend college football begins, and attempt to put all the blame on Disney. Good luck on any account credit for service charged for but not provided. Fighting for the consumer to keep costs down? I've got "Standard TV Service", the lowest (supposedly least expensive) tier Spectrum offers. Still have my original Cisco cable adapter (arguably the cheapest modem available) which started at $2.00/mo. Without any upgrades (same box and remote), fee has gone up 8 times to $10.99/mo., with an additional $1.00/mo. for a "secure connection". This interruption and inconvenience will just about do it for me.

• Marvanw
    Marvanw Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I have had enough of Spectrum’s monopoly. They have already raised my rate. When they pay Disney, and they will, our rates will rise again. I think why not pay Disney and skip the middleman. Hulu + Live gives me everything & more for almost half the cost. Also Fubo (but if Spectrum is pushing that …) and YouTube TV are in contention. I will have ESPN before kickoff and Spectrum will lose another customer

This discussion has been closed.